Monday, February 22, 2010

Too Late for King George to 'pologize!

Any video featuring the Founding Fathers of America in a hair band has got my vote. This very clever depiction by Soomo Publishing of why it was too late for King George to "apologize" to Thomas Jefferson and the writers of the Declaration of Independence is an absolute must see, and I wish they'd taught it this way when I was in high school.

And is it just me, or is ol' bewigged Tommy J. kinda, well, sexy? I wonder if his biceps really looked like that...sigh...

TJB

10 comments:

sarah said...

That was just awesomeness!

Lynne Marshall said...

Love it! Great song, great voice, really fun concept. Our Founding Fathers were definitely rock stars!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Schoolhouse Rock for the new generation. :-)

Got your book, btw, and it looks awesome! Thanks again. -- willaful

Roz Lee said...

Love it!!! That's a history lesson I can get into!

Colleen Thompson said...

Fantastic storytelling for a new generation!

Suzan Harden said...

Dang, I love it!

From what I've read about Ben Franklin, he probably would HAVE been in a hair band. This is a guy who penned odes to beer and older women.

librarypat said...

Wonderful, It gets the point across and brings up many of the pertinent points. (Although, I believe it is inalienable rights, not unalienalbe rights)
Kids today are used to remembering sound bites, so why not.

TJ Bennett said...

You made me go look it up, librarypat, but it is indeed unalienable. That's okay--I thought it was about the US Constitution first time I saw the video, and had to correct my blog post when I realized I'd messed up. Heh!

Here's the text for those of you scholars who are interested: http://www.earlyamerica.com/
earlyamerica/freedom/doi/text.html

BTW, watch Timbaland's video on YouTube if you want to see the original version upon which this is based. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyRrb2-fzs

TJB

Trish Albright said...

I'm with Sarah. That's just awesomeness!

Anonymous said...

This was great! :)