Saturday, September 10, 2005

Golden Heart scores

Hey, been busy for the last few days so I haven't posted. However, several folks had told me privately they were interested in my scores on the Golden Heart that put me in the finalist category for paranormals. Well, the scores were pretty good, but not so high as I figured I had to score to make that final. I know I judged the long historical category, and I did give out one perfect 9 and an 8.5, so I figured the same was probably true of other judges. Guess not, from the scoop on the loop (GH Finalists loop that is). Doesn't look like a whole lot of perfect scores there, either. Looks like we had some tough judges this year.

Here's what I received:

8.1, 8, 8.5, 7.8, 8.3=40.70.

Top quarter final scores had to be greater or equal to 37.60.

I'm happy I finaled, but not surprised I didn't win. Better luck next time, huh?

TJB

3 comments:

Cara King said...

Thieme,

As someone who entered the Golden Heart many times, and finaled once, I can tell you those are fantastic scores! And remarkably consistent, too.

Cara
Cara King, www.riskyregencies.blogspot.com
MY LADY GAMESTER, Signet 11/05

TJ Bennett said...

Thanks, Cara. I did notice one lady on the GH loop got three 9's out of five judges--but the fifth judge scored her really low. In fact, that seemed to happen to several people--a few high, one really low. So, yes, I'm happy for the consistent scores (for a change). :)

TJB

TJ Bennett said...

Wow, checking back on the finalist loop again, I see there were a lot more 9's than I thought in the other categories, with usually only one low score bringing the total down for them. Makes me wonder what the score ranges were for the paranormal category--they must have been generally lower than those others in order for me to final. Maybe we had harder judges.

TJB